Re: [ARSCLIST] "20 something classical vinyl collectors" [was Re: [ARSCLIST] Szell on MAR Was:Bernstein info needed]

Tom Fine wrote:
There is definitely a vinyl fringe among the youngsters. I see them in used record shops I prowl. Most of them seem interested in 70's and early 80's punk and new wave, but I had a great conversation with a high school kid right behind me going thru the jazz stacks. He knew his stuff and was looking for specific items that actually have good collector value. There was an older guy also sifting the jazz stacks and he must have been very amused by the whole thing since he was the only one of us who was actually alive when most of the records were new.

To the kids of the CD era who still crave the grooved disk I say, more power to you and may you spin on-speed and with few scratches.

-- Tom Fine

This reminds me of something I was going to mention the other day, after seeing a scene in a TV show this week depicting records being spun (and scratched) in a disco scene. Can't remember what the show was, but one of the LPs was definitely a mono Cadence pressing. Wonder what Archie Bleyer was doing in a hip-hop environment?

dl