Re: [ARSCLIST] Thanks! Was: *Windows* Floppy Disc Blues--aka data recovery software suggestions?

Hi Andy

On 31/01/2007 you wrote;

ak> I'm completely convinced that this was a total, freakish fluke. I
ak> mean, trouble with a 3.5" floppy? Come on!

Well, I wouldn't be so sure about that.

A friend of mine recently gave me his Prophet 2000 keyboard. At the
same time he also gave me his sound library of 200+ floppies. I
suppose they are around 20 years old. At a rough estimate, about 90%
of these are no longer readable!

I've had floppies much younger than these die on me.  Personally, I
wouldn't trust a floppy any more than any other digital media (and a
lot less than some).

Graeme Jaye

graemejaye@xxxxxxxxx

Audio Restoration
http://www.personal-cd.com

Hobby Musician - find some of my stuff here
http://www.indiehitz.net/html/bands/19/