Re: [ARSCLIST] Bernstein info needed

Stan Punzel wrote:
Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
Sorry,can't help you there.It wasn't until I spent some time over at
http://www.leonardbernstein.com/ ,that I realized the Music Appreciation Society record,was indeed a reissue.I have over 100 of these pre-stereo US Deccas,but I have never seen this one.The MAS issue,which dates from 1957,itself not that easy a find,is well worth picking up.The analysis record,usually throwaway junk,is by Bernstein himself at the piano.As far as I know,this is otherwise unissued.It may be a little bonus he recorded for Columbia,as they were wont to do in the 6-eye mono era,but decided not to release.They credit it,as Leonard Bernstein and The Music Appreciation Symphony Orchestra,BTW.It was also pressed on better vinyl,than Decca used at the time.

Roger Kulp
This has been reissued as part of the DG Original Master series. All of the MAS recordings with the analysis are included. The recordings are: Beethoven Eroica, Dvorak New World, Schumann 2nd, Brahms 4th and Tchaikovsky 6th. I'm not sure how DG ended up with them, but there they are....

Stan Punzel

Simple..Decca (both US and UK) have long been part of the Universal Music Group which also owns DG, Philips, Verve, MGM, Mercury, and just about every other label not currently controlled by EMI, Warner Music or SonyBMG.

Any chance the DG reissue lists the Decca matrix numbers I'm looking for?

dl

David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: If anyone has a copy of Decca DL 9715, or even a reference to it, could you please let me know the matrix numbers? Ruppli doesn't list anything for Decca classical LPs and I have the disc only on a Music Appreciation reissue. It's Schumann's Symphony #2 in C, Leonard Bernstein & the Stadium Concerts Orchestra (New York Philharmonic).

Thanks!

dl

"If you're not on somebody's watchlist,you're not doing your job"

Dave Von Kleist
Need Mail bonding?