Re: [ARSCLIST] Multi format DVD/CD/SACD, etc Player

Mike Richter wrote:
Tom Fine wrote:
Hi Mike:

I think the operative question from Marcos was, have you tested it with a DVDR full of MP3 files? Marcos is correct that my Toshiba and Marantz players will not play MP3's from a DVDR data disc, but they do fine with a CDR full of MP3.

-- Tom Fine

I am routinely reading DVD-ROMs with AVI and MPG files using both ISO 9660 and UDF formats. With the one exception noted before (an oddball codec), all have read without trouble.

Sorry - I still did not answer your question, misreading it. I can't speak about "full of" MP3 files, but the Philips handles the discs I've published with 600-700 MP3s at various sample rates and bitrates in monaural and stereo. It even provides an attractive bar chart spectrum during playback.

Can one hit it with a format that won't play correctly? Perhaps. I haven't tried. For example, I've not fed it a VBR or a sample rate over 44.1 ksps.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/