Re: [ARSCLIST] Multi format DVD/CD/SACD, etc Player

are you talking about the Philips DVP-5140/37 ?
according to videohelp site, this machine sells for around $65 or less, and can be set region free using the remote control......
Best wishes, Thomas.

Mike Richter wrote:

Marcos Sueiro wrote:

Hi Mike,

I was wondering if you had received the Philips DVD players, and whether they indeed play MP3s embedded in a DVD.

Thanks,

Marcos

Mea culpa!

I have had the Philips players for about ten days and am delighted with them. Since I have no SACD recording, I cannot say whether it will play, but the $80 units have handled all of the formats thrown at them but one (a strange AVI which only one of my converters would deal with). That includes CD-DA, DVD-Video, MPG and AVI with DivX, XVid and other codecs. Conversion from PAL to NTSC is excellent and these units from
http://www.world-import.com/
are region-free.

Mike