Re: [ARSCLIST] Multi format DVD/CD/SACD, etc Player

Hi Mike,

I was wondering if you had received the Philips DVD players, and whether they indeed play MP3s embedded in a DVD.

Thanks,

Marcos

Mike Richter wrote:
Marcos Sueiro wrote:
Tom,

A quick survey of these brands yielded no results if one is looking for a universal player that will play a DVD full of MP3s; also, I believe they are not able to show DVDs full of JPEGs. It looks like the DVD-anythings must be formatted as DVD video (or DiVX). I am sure there must be a strong reason for this, since it sure would be convenient. An expensive workaround may be to buy a Mac Mini and hook it up to the TV. Or, the way of the future will probably be card readers.

The Toshibas (now unavailable modified from the previous source) played MP3s and JPEGs from CD-ROM or DVD-ROM. According to the specs, the Philips I have on order will do so as well. The Toshiba spec said 44.1 ksps only but in fact the unit was fine with 22.05. It made no claim to play MPGs but did so without complaint.

As I said before, I'll report on the Philips when it (actually, they) arrive(s).

Mike