[ARSCLIST] Acetate tape buffered by cardboard box

_http://www.richardhess.com/notes/_ (http://www.richardhess.com/notes/)
October 16, 2006  entry:

We discussed this a while ago. Yesterday I found two 3" spools of  Eastman
P103 tape in their original mailer box with interior staining identical  to that
shown in the picture.

This is 1/2 mil polyester tape on an identical translucent plastic reel. I
remember seeing this same staining in these boxes back in the 70's.   It is a
strange phenomenon but I believe it is due to the reel and not  the tape.  The
tape plays fine.

Does anyone know the dates of the transition of the Eastman brand to  Kodak
for their tape, or were they contemporary for different markets?

Mike Csontos