Re: [ARSCLIST] Microcassettes

We have dealt with microcassettes on occasion and use a portable Sears
(!) machine that came with one collection - as Brenda says, not for
recording but just for playback when needed, and with a headphone jack
and a small internal speaker.  We did find that there are at least two
sizes of cassette housing - only very slightly different, but one has an
additional ridge along one side that prevents it from fitting the
machine we have.  Fortunately, we do not have to deal with this format
too often and have not sought different equipment.

Sue

Susan T Stinson, Curator
Belfer Audio Laboratory and Archive
Syracuse University Library
222 Waverly Avenue
Syracuse, NY 13244-2010
315-443-3477 / fax 443-4866

>>> richard.warren@xxxxxxxx 1/11/2007 11:11 AM >>>
Hi Brenda and ARSC folks,

At HSR we have a Panasonic RR-830 STANDARD audiocassette machine with
VSC, and I remember when buying it that there was a similar model for
microcassettes. These models have VSC standard and are stand-alone
with amp, speaker, and headphone out, handy and small for reviewing.
I think there may also have been footpedal controls available but am
not certain. I have no idea about current availability, but there
could be used units around.

Best wishes, Richard