Re: [ARSCLIST] Digital in a post-digital universe--was: Interesting WSJ Article on when libraries should discard their holdings.

Scott Phillips wrote:
All depends on point of view, doesn't it ? How will humans be
destroyed..? Will we do it, will God (or your choice of such) do it,
will a comet do it, will some disease do it? You have to love how humans
try so hard to plan for everything, as if we could. Just as often, when
something bad does happens it comes from a direction we could never have
expected anyway.... !!

Having wandered off topic as we are wont to do, let me offer another SF quote, this from Arthur C. Clarke's "The Nine Billion Names of God".

One by one, without any fuss, the stars were going out.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/