Re: [ARSCLIST] Libraries disposing of records

On 07/01/07, Scott Phillips wrote:
> Quite right ! In its own way an effect, neither wrong or right, as
> long as you like how it sounds. Then again, clearly you have hear both
> sides of that coin..!
>
> I was listening the night before last to 60's / 70's / 80's rock and
> it suddenly struck me how many of them were adventurous with
> instruments and playing styles, say a sitar (insert your favorite
> instrument) played in a non-traditional way. Where is anything like
> that now? Was there a sudden black plague that killed all the non
> classical musicians ? I missed it some how, but I miss them.....

There are plenty of people playing good music on a variety of
instruments. Many are grouped under the vague heading of "World Music".

For example, the Symmetric Orchestra.
ww.eyefortalent.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/artist.detail/artist_id/110

Or Kimmo Pohjonen
http://www.kimmopohjonen.com/

Or Sigur Ros
http://www.sigur-ros.is/

There are also many people working with purely computer-based music.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx