Re: [ARSCLIST] Strips of plastic play audio when you run your teeth over them

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Jon Noring wrote:

> Not sure if this has already been posted to ARSC.
>
> I chuckled when I saw the following:
>
>    http://www.boingboing.net/2007/01/07/strips_of_plastic_pl.html
>
> Really an interesting novelty, and one that we all can appreciate.

----- it was a novelty in the early 1950s, and the strip was acetate. Sadly,
this tended to distor over time. A Swedish toothpaste manufacturer would
include one in the cardboard box for the tube. You would make a slit in the
box, thread the strip and hear a commercial. Mike Biel showed me similar US
adverts about 20 years ago. Let us hope they have now solved the longevity
issue.

Kind regards

Georgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzz......