Re: [ARSCLIST] It Goes To 11...The Spinal Tap Philosophy.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> For what it's worth, Mix mag recently had a long article on "Mastering Today"
and several top-level
> mastering guys opined that the loudness wars may be winding down from their
perspective.

However, the <expletives deleted> that LISTEN to to-days attempted music
still insist on playing it at levels enabling their sound-system-equipped
motor vehicle to be heard (at least the bass lines) when pulled alongside
a streetcar with all windows closed!

Given another decade or so, they will HAVE to have it that loud to hear
it at all...!? I'm inclined to suspect this may all be arranged and
financed by hearing-aid manufactories and/or their stockholders...?!