Re: [ARSCLIST] Libraries disposing of records

----- Original Message -----
From: "Miss Q" <agentramona@xxxxxxxxx>
> (i.e. really wouldn't want to listen to disco unless it had an influence
> on a later band/culture I wanted to know more about.)

Which, to a certain extent, it did! Disco was descended from the "funky"
rhythms of "soul music" (probably best exemplified by the recently late
James Brown...?!)...which, in turn, first appeared as a form of blues
(see under Earl Hooker c. 1959, for one). It, in turn, remained a
"niche genre" intended for dancing (or what "dancing" had evolved into
once the Twist had separated the partners...?!) and, in turn, then
became the musical background for Rap, Hip-Hop and all the other
specific sub-genres of "urban dance" (see under "items too numerous
to mention"...) which all use the same modified 4/4 rhythm!

Oddly enough, if you start counting on the emphasized beats, you'll
discover the rhythm also fits nicely with that of the tango...?!