[ARSCLIST] Ford recorded on rare Edison phonograph

Thought this might be of some passing interest. When I first read the
headline, I thought they were referring to Henry Ford, not Gerry:

EDISON, N.J. -- On the day former President Gerald R. Ford was to be laid
to rest, his voice filled a New Jersey historical museum Wednesday,
preserved delicately in wax and played on a rare phonograph invented by
Thomas Edison.

The museum dedicated to the prodigious inventor played the recording to
honor the nation's 38th president, who had cooperated in 1999 with an
effort to preserve the words of notable Americans using Edison's ancient,
hand-cranked equipment.

http://tinyurl.com/ydcv7k

George Strawley
John Cotton Dana Library