Re: [ARSCLIST] laserdisc

David Lennick wrote:

> Meanwhile, Canada is finally getting TCM and AMC in February.

I hate to disappoint you Dave, but AMC became "American Movie Crap" several
years ago. These "classics" are usually no more than 20 years old, and shot
through with commercials. At least TCM has maintained its integrity, as well
as the integrity of the movies it shows for the most part. It was TCM who
(which?) was kind enough to show the then-newly-rediscovered penultimate
reel of Gold Diggers of Broadway, and I was fortunate enough to have my VCR
going at the time. (The final reel, minus the final minute of image, was
included in Volume 1 of "The Dawn of Sound.") Looks like we have only 9 more
reels to go, although supposedly reel 1 has been found.

AZS