Re: [ARSCLIST] laserdisc

It has also been available in the UK and Australia.
Best wishes, Thomas.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Lennick" <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 6:54 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] laserdisc

Mike Richter wrote:
Matt Sohn wrote:
One thing you'll never find on DVD or any other format is Pete & Dud. Other surprising goodies have shown up, like At Last The 1948 Show, but Dudley Moore told me in an interview that the Beeb, in its infinite idiocy, had erased all the "Not Only But Also" tapes. The salvaged soundtrack excerpts issued on Decca/London LPs is all that exists, as far as I know.

There is, however, a DVD of the "1964 gala farewell performance" of "Beyond the Fringe" featuring Pete & Dud as well as Jonathan Miller and Alan Bennett.

It seems unlikely that the Goons' "Down among the X Men" will ever make it to DVD. On which topic, are there other shorts than the Muckinese Battle Horn? I've a decent tape of that and want more!

Mike

Actually I picked up Down Among the Z Men (not X) on a $1 DVD two years ago! That's a source that totally dried up..guess they got caught in copyright problems.

Incidentally, it's terrible, unless you absolutely have to see what The Goons were up to during their first two years.

dl