Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 17:40:17 -0800
From: "Paul T. Jackson"
Subject: [MLA-L] Massive Recording Collection available
Sender: Music Library Association Mailing List

Hi:
I'm the nephew of Glenn D. Bridges whose recording collection, along with my discographical book collection, is with the ITA Archives...I'm not sure where these are housed...but somewhere on UNC-Greensboro campus. I'm also the publisher of Glenn's book Pioneers in Brass, 4th edition.
I've been informed that a very good friend, long-time ARSC member, Fred Williams, who was constantly searching discographical information from the Glenn Bridges collection, and has created a number of recordings of early recorded band music, is now selling his massive collection of cylinders, 78 discs of military and concert band recordings, books, ephemera, photos et al. The collection he tells me is ca. 2100 cylinders; 30,000 Lps; 60,000 78s.
This year Fred has suffered a couple of strokes and just this month returned from rehab and has decided to retire from his many organizations and activities including maintaining the recording collection.
The collection would be a great adjunct to the Glenn D. Bridges collection, if such would be possible. And although many of Fred's recordings duplicate those of Bridges, I believe I'm correct in saying that those duplicates are also different takes of a given solo piece. Having these all together would be wonderful for the researcher...and a premier collection saved.
Fred Williams can be reached at :
8313 Shawnee St.,
Philadelphia, PA 191118-3906
phone 215.247-0410

--
Trescott Research ­ Paul T. Jackson
Information & Library Development

http://www.trescottresearch.com

Joel Bresler 250 E. Emerson Rd. Lexington, MA 02420 USA

781-862-4104 (Telephone & FAX)
joel.br@xxxxxxxxxxx
IN CASE OF VERIZON EMAIL PROBLEMS, PLEASE USE MY BACK-UP EMAIL:
joelbresler-at-gmail.com