[ARSCLIST] Multi format DVD/CD/SACD, etc Player

Apologies in advance if this feels off-topic, but I'm sure someone on this list will have an answer (or many answers).

A while ago the Pioneer DV-578A-S DVD Player was discussed on this list and I stashed away the info on this very reasonably priced unit that appears able to play all the various formats that my Denon unit (which cost at least 4 to 6 x the ca. $150 price of the Pioneer) does. Since I am now starting to set up a room for viewing/listening use, I just decided that now is the time to grab one of these players and it seems to have gone out of production. Does anyone have a lead on something that might also play DVD Video • VCD • DVD-R • DVD-RW • DVD Audio • SACD • CD (Audio) • CD-R • CD-RW • Picture CD discs in addition to MP3 • WMA • JPEG file formats and lists for less than half a grand?

Thanks in advance,

Peter Hirsch