Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Dating LPs ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "D. Blake Werts" <bwerts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Well, since you're designing (and as such, defining) the project...
that's YOUR call! It would be possible (if you have a good typing
finger, anyway...?) to create, or try to, the "ultimate" database...
from which, by using well-designed queries, you could then take
the necessary data to serve as an "(Almost) Complete Classical
<format(s)?> Record Dating Guide...

In any data-related project...be it database creation, cataloguing,
useful HTML page(s), usw...the data entry is always the "Killer"
task. It's slow, tedious, and very hard to automate to any useful
extent...and worse yet all but demands a fairly complete knowledge
of the material involved, if only to avoid the sort of screamingly
obvious errors (using titles for composer names or vice versa,
entering data that couldn't possibly exist, and so on...) that
are immediate tipoffs the work was done by folks who had no idea
WHAT they were data-entering!