Re: [ARSCLIST] Airchecks and news reports from the 1950s and early 1960s

My understanding is that J. Fred MacDonald has relevant materials. His
website, macfilms.com does not mention radio but it's probably worth
writing them about it.

Sam

On 12/15/06, Richard L. Hess <arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 02:35 PM 2006-12-15, Marie O'Connell wrote:
>Hi Suzanne
>
>The Mississippi Department of Archives & History, Jackson, MS, hold radio
>recording from the Civil Rights era.  Also, you may find some at Jackson
>State University, Jackson MS, & the University of Southern Mississippi,
>Hattiesburg, MS.  I believe the ones at MDAH are from WLBT and cover some of
>the riots at Jackson State and Alcorn College.

This reminds me there is an audio archive at

Special Collections
Strozier Library
Florida State University
Tallahassee, FL 32306-2047

There is civil rights content--I transferred some for them, but I
don't know the full extent of it.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess                   email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx