From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Frank Strauss
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 3:05 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Mitsui / MAM-A Gold CD's

On 11/1/06, Charles Lawson <clawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tom Fine wrote:
I've never seen a fingerprint on any of the hundreds of Mitsui/MAM
gold
discs I've burned for myself
and clients. Neither have I ever had a failure or returned disc.
That used to be my experience, too...until the change in
manufacturing.
As I said before, the average is about 1 out of 25 (I've been buying
the
discs in 25-count cartons).

Best of luck to everyone else...

I just looked at all the discs in a  recently purchased 25 count carton,
and
all were pristine.  The cd cases are marked  "Made in USA or France."