[ARSCLIST] Filling mines with data & Samp9 (was Re: [ARSCLIST] The ways CD's and DVD's can fail.

At 10:37 AM 2006-12-08, Mwcpc6@xxxxxxx wrote:

When I was growing up the only personal data that existed for most
individuals was a social security number and perhaps a telephone listing. Now every
vendor I deal with can instantly retrieve every transaction I've made and account
financial records for years are retrievable online.

Soon your "file" will include every traffic light and scanner you've passed.
Of course none of it is worth saving, but it will be!

Mike,

It depends on who saves it and why. While I would hate for the government to waste my taxpayer dollars to create a mine of this information, I personally like to save some related information in the form of GPS tracks. It's so much fun to make a map using that data.

You can see a non-zoomable version half way down this page:
http://www.richardhess.com/family/travel.htm
The zoomable "live" version is even more fun.

With the GPS and with the camera fairly accurately time-stamping photos, I now know where each photo was taken, for example. I can also review routes and use the history to plan new routes to avoid over-used ones.

But this digresses from sound and audio and especially the subject...so I changed it.

But, while on the subject of audio, I just installed Samplitude Version 9 and like most of the changes so far. More later.

Cheers,

Richard