Re: [ARSCLIST] The ways CD's and DVD's can fail.

In a message dated 12/8/2006 10:03:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Wow, that sure is a commentary on the fact that computers MAKE more work than
they save! 50%? Where
did you read/hear that? I find it a little hard to believe but the modern age
is an endless vile
stream of minutea, so perhaps we have doubled our total information heap
since the dawn of the
computer age. A modest suggestion -- history will likely prove out that a
good portion of that 50%
isn't worth saving.

-- Tom Fine

When I was growing up the only personal data that existed for most
individuals was a social security number and perhaps a telephone listing. Now every
vendor I deal with can instantly retrieve every transaction I've made and account
financial records for years are retrievable online.

Soon your "file" will include every traffic light and scanner you've passed.
Of course none of it is worth saving, but it will be!

Mike