Re: [ARSCLIST] The ways CD's and DVD's can fail.

Wow, that sure is a commentary on the fact that computers MAKE more work than they save! 50%? Where did you read/hear that? I find it a little hard to believe but the modern age is an endless vile stream of minutea, so perhaps we have doubled our total information heap since the dawn of the computer age. A modest suggestion -- history will likely prove out that a good portion of that 50% isn't worth saving.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Miller" <karl.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2006 8:18 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] The ways CD's and DVD's can fail.

Most business leaders would probably flip out if they understood >how fundamentally unstable digital storage media is.

I wonder how the general population would react, especially when one considers that, according to some estimates, well over 50% of all of our information exists only in digital form.

Karl