Re: [ARSCLIST] The ways CD's and DVD's can fail.

Hi, Ed.

I recently went through a fairly thorough pricing search for Mitsui (also now known as MAM-A) gold CD's. The best price I found was to buy them in bulk spindles through Conservation Resources (www.conservation resources), then to buy jewel cases separately through Polyline (www.polylinecorp.com).

Also, if you search the recent listserv archives for "CD-R" or something similar, the issue of which CDs are best has been discussed at least once or twice in the past few months. Not that there aren't more opinions out there to be heard! :)

Warmly,

Christie Peterson
Project Archivist, Muskie Archives & Special Collections
Bates College
70 Campus Avenue
Lewiston, ME 04240-6018
(t) 207-753-6918
(f) 207-755-5911

Edward Falk wrote:

I was going to switch to Mitsui Gold Archival; is that still the gold standard, or has it fallen from favor? And where's a a good place to get it?

-ed falk