Re: [ARSCLIST] Gargantuan, free classical 78s collection.

In a message dated 11/29/2006 5:16:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
joel.br@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>Parnassus has unwittingly acquired a vast collection of 78s,
>approximately 75,000 to 100,000. They are offered free for the
>taking if someone will come to Saugerties, New York, remove any LPs
>mixed in with the boxes s/he encounters, and take the remaining 78s
>or pay for the disposal of unwanted items.

OK, now you know as much as I do! If you are interested, I suggest
you contact Leslie Gerber directly at:
<parnassus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Please do not contact me, BUT if
anyone proceeds, do report back to the list on your adventures!

Best,

Joel

I probably could not resist if they were in Western NY, justifying it mainly
as a favor to the owner as an alternative to the cost of disposal of unwanted
items. However I am already contemplating the disposal aspect of the records I
have.

I hope we hear what happens to them.

Mike Csontos