Re: [ARSCLIST] archival audio record jackets

At 01:56 PM 11/20/2006, you wrote:
Hi Connie,

We used shield pack sleeves for quite some time, but they are no
longer being made.

We have started using the sleeves from Kurt Nauck on the theory that
all modern papers are very low acid already when compared to  paper
made 10 or more years ago. The stock is very stout and provides a high
level of protection for both shellac and acetate discs.

When we introduced the Disc-O-File line of sleeves, we investigated offering them in an acid-free version. The problem was that the sleeves would cost at least 3 times as much, and there would be no real benefit in return.

I asked ARSCLIST members (and other groups) if anyone had ever encountered a vintage recording that was actually damaged by an acid-laden sleeve. None of us were able to come up with a single instance.

Kurt & Diane Nauck

c/o Nauck's Vintage Records
22004 Sherrod Ln.
Spring, TX  77389