Re: [ARSCLIST] archival audio record jackets

Hi Connie,

We used shield pack sleeves for quite some time, but they are no
longer being made.

We have started using the sleeves from Kurt Nauck on the theory that
all modern papers are very low acid already when compared to  paper
made 10 or more years ago. The stock is very stout and provides a high
level of protection for both shellac and acetate discs.

I use them myself as well for my 16 inch discs- not to mention other
sizes.

Sincerely,

Bob Hodge

Robert Hodge,
Senior Engineer
Belfer Audio Archive
Syracuse University
222 Waverly Ave .
Syracuse N.Y. 13244-2010

315-443- 7971
FAX-315-443-4866

>>> business_media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 11/20/2006 1:37 PM >>>
Hi. I hope someone could let me know where I could get Archival record
jackets, especially to replace the very acidic 78 rpm and 16"
transcription
disks. The only catalog I have is from Conservation Resources
International.
Any other ideas? Thanks.

Constance L. Jones

Project Manager

Business & Media Archives of the Mahoning Valley

A Division of The Mahoning Valley Historical Society

(330) 744-7621

business_media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.mahoninghistory.org <http://www.mahoninghistory.org/>