[ARSCLIST] Cassette heaven

I picked up a "new" 2002 car this weekend.  It has both a cd player and a
cassette player, alas a vanishing breed.  The cd player is kaput.  I wanted
to test the cassette player, and went into the cellar and found a cassette
that I had made about 20-25 years ago from an early Joan Baez lp.  It was a
BASF C-90, and it really looked cruddy.  It got played a fair bit before I
had a cd player, while I was still in love with JB, and it lived in the
glove compartment through the seasons, both hot and cold.   It ended up in
the trunk of at least 3 cars before being consigned to the cellar.  When I
found it, it was pretty beat up, but happily, still in its intact very dusty
case.  I popped it in the player, and out came Joan, sounding like a million
bucks.  Dolby NR cut hiss down to almost nothing, sound was super.  What a
pleasant surprise.

--
Frank B Strauss, DMD