Re: [ARSCLIST] archival audio record jackets

Connie,

Archival quality sleeves for 16" transcriptions are rather hard to come by. It sounds like you have already looked at:

http://www.conservationresources.com/Main/section_6/section6_09.htm

Nauck's also carries some brown kraft sleeves, but I don't think that they're acid-free. The link is at:

http://www.78rpm.com/DOF_home_page.htm

We once got a quote for doing some 16" sleeves in an acid-free stock, but the company needed a 5000 piece minimum. It would be great if one of the suppliers could make these available. Perhaps the LOC will have some ideas as well.

Scott D. Smith
Chicago Audio Works, Inc.

Connie Jones wrote:

Hi. I hope someone could let me know where I could get Archival record
jackets, especially to replace the very acidic 78 rpm and 16" transcription
disks. The only catalog I have is from Conservation Resources International.
Any other ideas? Thanks.

Constance L. Jones

Project Manager

Business & Media Archives of the Mahoning Valley

A Division of The Mahoning Valley Historical Society

(330) 744-7621

business_media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.mahoninghistory.org <http://www.mahoninghistory.org/>