Re: [ARSCLIST] Weight of LPs

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> I guess I'm stronger -- and moving boxes are stronger -- than I thought. So
about 80-85lbs for a
> typical 24" moving box that would be full of LPs. A milk crate is more like
50lbs. Geez, no wonder
> I've not been one to move the household too many times in my adult life!

The average present-day milk box (they were reduced in size around
1980, so LP's no longer fit...in hopes of lowering losses by theft...)
holds around 130 unsleeved 10" 78's, or about 65 pounds of shellac.
Should you be so unfortunate as to have to move a milk box of 12"
78's, you are now facing a weight of around 94 pounds...