Re: [ARSCLIST] Thanks for Civil Rights and Golf Information

Hi Suzanne

I did not see your original post.  However I would like to suggest that you
contact the Center for Oral History & Cultural Heritage at the University of
Southern Mississippi (601-266-4574).  They have a large collection of Civil
Rights audio - 266 interviews I digitized when I was employed there.  There
are another 220 which I was unable to complete as the funding ran out.
Also, the Mississippi Department of Archives and History, in Jackson, MS,
has a lot of Civil Rights audio.  They are the caretakers for Tougaloo
College's Civil Rights audio also. Contact Elaine Owens on 601-576-6869.

If you would like to call me I can let you know of several other collections
in Mississippi and New Orleans.

Cheers

Marie

Marie O'Connell
Sound Archivist/Audio Engineer/Sound Consultant
3017 Nebraska Avenue
Santa Monica, CA, 90404
Ph: 310-453-1617
Fax: 310-453-1717