From: Dave S. Brodsky
To: wmfisher@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 11:02 AM
Subject: Searching for Sound Recordings

Mr. Fisher,

I'm an alumnus of the Recording Industry program at MTSU (graduated in 1998).  I found your email address on the Center for Pop Music's website.  Perhaps you can help me.  I want to see if I can get copies of some of my grandparent's music.  My grandmother is Marian Head Brodsky.  She told me the other day that she was the violin soloist for a few concerts she recalled.  She doesn't have any recordings of herself that I know about.  I'd love for her to be able to have & hear CDs of the following concerts if they were recorded.

She said roughly around 1980 she played with the Trenton, NJ Symphony with Guillermo Sabatini conducting the Brahms double concerto for violin & cello & symphony orchestra.

The other concerts she said were around 1970 with the Lancaster, PA Symphony & the York, PA Symphony.  It was the Mozart double w/Max Aronoff.  Conductor was Louis Vyner.

My grandfather was Jascha Brodsky who was the lead violinist with the Curtis String Quartet for many years.  He also played with Vladimir Horowitz.  I don't know how or where to look for any recordings or concert programs, but I figured this might be a good start or maybe you could advise me where to look.

Any advice or help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave Brodsky