Re: [ARSCLIST] Effect of vibrations on audio tape

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Fine Recording would get RF interference on the cutters sometime because
midtown Manhattan is, well,
> midtown Manhattan.
Back in my "blues musician" days, I used to occasionally play in a
Toronto beer joint that had one of the main AC transformers supplying
the Toronto subway system just across an alleyway. Electric guitars,
which use coil-based electromagnetic pickups, enthusiastically also
picked up the 60Hz (and its harmonics) signal generated by the rather
large transformer. This was great if the song was in B flat, but...