Re: [ARSCLIST] Effect of vibrations on audio tape

Sylvia:

A number of others have commented on possible vibration and flooding issues
so I won't belabor those points except to say that I agree with them.  As a
disaster recovery facility, we have had to deal with large numbers of tapes
that were unfortunate enough to be stored in the basement when there was a
flood. When water is involved, basements are just BAD.

One other issue that you might need to look into is the cables in your
studio.  I know of at least one facility that ended up with serious problems
because of the interference caused by rail switching equipment and
insufficient shielding on their cables.  Unfortunately, you won't know if
this is a problem until the rail line goes into operation.

Peter Brothers
President
SPECS BROS., LLC
(973)777-5055
www.specsbros.com

Restoration and Disaster Recovery Service Since 1983