Re: [ARSCLIST] RealNetworks -- a horrid format from a horrible company

Hey dismuke... did you even LOOK at that link?

If I have to put SPYWARE on my computer to get any kind of audio files, I'm
out.  I don't care if they are FREE.  And a lot of people feel the same way.
Like I said, "To each their own."  I think I have a right to my opinion, and
you are to yours.

Let me say a couple of things:  You imply that I'm part of a group of
complainers that *rudely* notifying folks when I don't like their site or
something.  This couldn't be further from the truth.  Many people do not
realize the extent that Real-Audio infects there system with Ad/Spyware.
When they find out, some of them seem pretty happy to get a "heads-up" - and
they reply in kind.

For those that don't - no sweat.  I just won't be back to their site.
However, most folks are upset that Real Audio files would preclude some part
of the internet population... Especially commercial sites.  When I wrote an
email to Narada Jazz about this very issue, they very quickly started
producing all of their sample files in both Real Audio *AND* mp3's.

Listen, you can rationalize your choices by the fact that you provide a free
service, and you work hard at providing it, the time you spend, etc.  That's
absolutely fine!  :-)  But if someone says, "sorry, that's not for me",
please don't be offended.

My message was to simply point out that *some* people (like me) take this
kind of thing seriously.  Sorry if you felt I was taking a shot at you
personally - that wasn't my intention.  I was taking a shot at Real Audio.

Cheers!

Rob Poretti
Sascom - Toronto
vox.905.825.5373    fax.905.469.1129     cel.905.580.2467
www.sascom.com    www.cube-tec.com