Re: [ARSCLIST] Effect of vibrations on audio tape

David Seubert wrote:

Jim Wheeler once suggested that we line the studio with that copper sheeting with holes in it like the door of a microwave oven. We never did this, but I'm open to suggestions.

A Faraday shield is quite effective, but quite costly. It requires more than lining the studio, but there are companies in the business who can deal with collateral problems such as those imposed by windows and doors.

To find such a resource, check with the facilities people at a convenient DoD installation near you. Let me note that I've worked in such a situation and found it depressing.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/