[ARSCLIST] Effect of vibrations on audio tape

Has anyone had the experience of having an audio collection, and studio
& equipment, next to a rail line (train, subway, etc)?  What problems
did you have?  What, if anything, were you able to do to minimize them?

There's a proposal for a light-rail line to come down the street in
front of our building.  We have our audio tapes stored in a basement
vault area, and our digitization rooms are on a floor about 10 feet
below street level.

Regards,

Sylvia Mohn
Minnesota Public Radio