Re: [ARSCLIST] FLAC?

FLAC is commonly known to be a good lossless CODEC, but there are other
options for lossless CODEC's.  Although they claim otherwise, FLAC is not
very well supported.  If you're a WinAmp user, then you're all set.  If you
use  QuickTime or Windows Media Player (and I use both - QT for Mac, WMP for
PC), then you're out of luck.

I might consider lossless wma since it is well supported by Microsoft.
(Listen, there are pro's and cons for Microsoft, as there are pros and cons
for open-source.  BTW: FLAC is open-source.)

There are other losses CODEC's out there as well, but the issue is, how much
software/hardware support are you going to get from a specific CODEC?  So
the question you have to consider is one of "access".

Good luck...

Rob Poretti
Sascom - Toronto
vox.905.825.5373    fax.905.469.1129     cel.905.580.2467
www.sascom.com  www.cube-tec.com