Re: [ARSCLIST] The Incompetence at ENHS

As important as this material is,it is in public
domain,as such I agree it should be out
there.However,from your posts here,you do not make it
clear,if the material is caught up in government red
tape,or if there are not enough people at Menlo
Park/East Orange ,to do the work of digitizing,and
uploading it,or if you are merely concerned about
somebody else taking credit for your work.I do not
know the background to your story,beyond what you
say,but each of these are different issues,that need
to be addressed seperately.Not all of which,should be
addressed here.

The phonograph was important,but not as important as
the newspaper was in shaping American politics.William
Randolph Hearst,being the obvious example.Why do you
think Woodrow Wilson pick up Lincoln's practice of
throwing newspaper editors,and magazine publishers in
jail ?

And,as for Johnson & Berliner stealing Edison's
ideas,that is open to debate,I don't believe they
did,given Edison's initial reluctance to enter the
disc market.As well as the reasons he made his
discs,and players incompatable,with any other
maker's.All of which has been documented,and
debated,ad nauseum elsewhere.

With that I say goodnight.
                             Roger Kulp

=== message truncated ===