Re: [ARSCLIST] Dynamic-frequency Range

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Cox" <doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> This is completely different from what I was suggesting. You need an
> impulse signal such as the sharp click from a spark to derive a function
> for deconvolution.
>
> Simply comparing one tenor with another and adjusting some EQ is not at
> all the same.

I can see one place where this might break down. The various items which
affect the accuracy of a recording (i.e. how close it is to the actual
sound it supposedly represents) are, to a great extent, variable over
the audio frequency spectrum. That is, the recording horn or microphone
not only varies in sensitivity over the spectrum...in the case of an
acoustic horn its shape and dimensions can actually emphasize some
frequencies (which can include harmonics or frequencies produced
by "audio heterodyning").

It might be possible to use a "perfect click" (a short-duration
sample of "white noise" with all frequencies at equal amplitude)...
but I would assume that if the sound duration was short enough
to be heard as a "click," it would represent only tiny fractions
of lower frequencies?