Re: [ARSCLIST] Recommended CD-R's

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006, Lani Spahr wrote:

> My experience says "Never, ever use paper labels". :-)
>
> In the end, you'll have problems.

Sooner than later! Just about any glue will eventually cause peeling of
the reflective surface of a CDR.

I have also seen labels peel the reflective surface of commercially
produced CDs. When we first acquired CDs for our library, another one of
our brain dead administrators (we seem to have more than our share of
them) insisted that we apply indentification labels to our commercially produced
CDs. The glue from the labels ate into the suface and when the labels started to
peel, the reflective surface came along with it.

Karl