Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Dynamic-frequency Range

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Levels and excessive bass had to be carefully controlled on early electricals
(even
> though they were often bass-heavy, as opposed to the brilliant high ends
they'd been
> striving for on acousticals, especially vocals).

Well, I've always figured they (over)emphasized the bass simply to
make sure that electric records sounded "better"  than their acoustic
predecessors, which had virtually no audible bass (perhaps if Edison
had ever perfected his ultra-long recording horn...?).

Anybody know why the high end was also hard to record acoustically?