Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Dynamic-frequency Range

On 21/10/06, Steven C. Barr(x) wrote:

> Well, I've always figured they (over)emphasized the bass simply to
> make sure that electric records sounded "better"  than their acoustic
> predecessors, which had virtually no audible bass (perhaps if Edison
> had ever perfected his ultra-long recording horn...?).

I don't think extra length would help so much as a bigger diameter
entrance, and as I said before a better shape, more like the ears of a
bat-eared fox.

A straight-sided cone is not right.

> Anybody know why the high end was also hard to record acoustically?

Inertia of the cutter. The faster you try to move it, the more energy is
needed.

Regards
--
Don Cox