Re: [ARSCLIST] Early stereo mass market tapes

--- Tom Fine <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The set I speak of is "Jack Benny's
> Golden Age of Radio," which included a lot of good snips of shows
> and Benny's sometimes funny commentary.

That was a great set.  I've got it somewhere.  It
really started the old-radio-on-LP craze, didn't it?
Although at about the same time a Seattle radio
station (KVI I think) broadcast a weekend-long
marathon called "The Audioboigraphy of Radio."
It was an awfully ambition undertaking - it may
have been syndicated. But the old radio's rennaisance
seemed to have started about that time.

My dad was a big Longines subscriber, but he mostly bought
the compilations.  Big boxed sets of best of Dean Martin,
best of Lawrence Welk, etc.  Also some individual albums
of compilations of pop songs from certain years.  I
saved a lot of those because they're very well made
although I've played practically none of them.  He had
a few of the elevator music sets like "Ebb Tide" which
I've never listened to.  I don't know if those are
original recordings or compilations.

David Breneman         david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx