Re: [ARSCLIST] Stinson Calypso albums

Hi Roger,
The calypso albums are very likely reissues of the Disc albums. Do you have titles included on the LP's??
Can anyone supply titles for SLP 27 28??? Thanks!
Below is the information we have
Best wishes, Thomas.

SLP 10  Calypso Vol.   I  Duke of Iron
 Pretty Women
 Potato
 Wild Indian
 Jam Session
 Duke of Calypso
 Mickey Cipriani
 Rookoobvay
 Don't Stop That Carnival

SLP 27 Calypso Vol. II Lord Invader, Duke of Iron, Macbeth, Felix Ellis Internationals
NO INFORMATION

SLP 28  Calypso Vol. III  Lord Invader, Lord Beginner, Macbeth, Duke of Iron
 NO INFORMATION

SLP 62 Lord Burgess and his Calypso Serenaders - Folk Songs of Haiti, Jamaica and Trinidad
Rum and Cocoanut Water
Oh, Not a Cent
Rookambey
Old Lady
You're Mashing My Toe

 Carolina Caro
 Angelique O!
 Choucounne
 Panama Tombe

DISC 78rpm albums:

DISC 614  Calypso                         3-10"  78rpm
Lord  Beginner, Lord Invader +
 TIED TONGUE BABY
 SHAKE AROUND
 YANKEE DOLLAR IN TRINIDAD
 NORA THE WAR IS OVER
 NEW YORK SUBWAY
 ALWAYS MARRY A PRETTY WOMAN

DISC album 628   Calypso                3-10" 78rpm
Lord Invader, Macbeth, Duke of Iron,  music by Felix & His Internationals.
 DONKEY WANT WATER
 SLY MONGOOSE
 SMALL ISLAND
 MATILDA
 DOROTHY (ONE MORNING),
 OUT THE FIRE.

Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:

Are these by any chance the same calypso albums,that
Disc issued on 78 ? If so,I was not aware,of a volume
three.I have volume one,on a Disc 78 set,and have seen
volume two,years ago,but foolishly passed on it,due to
missing records.These are not common pieces.On a good
day,they can pass the hundred dollar mark,on eBay.
                               Roger Kulp

--- Thomas Stern <sternth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi John,
I plan to publish the list, which will include
album title, performer and track listings when pending inquiries have
been answered.
Currently the range of releases spans SLP 1
through 98.
We have NO information for 26 and 45.
We need track lists and performer credits for 27 Calypso v.2
28 Calypso v.3
38 Concert - Warsaw Concerto etc.
42 Matancera Bolero
43 Matancera Rhumbas
49 Ellen Stekert - Ozark
72 Bob DeCormier Catskill
75 Jean Murai
89 African-Nigeria
Also, there is some confusion about the track list
differences between the 10" and 12" Patrick Galvin albums.
If anyone has the 10" versions - I would
appreciate receiving a scan or photocopy of the liner notes.
We need a list of any albums also released on the
Folksay LABEL, release dates and an explanation of why this label was
created.
The list will be posted on ARSC, Ballad-L, and 78-I,
perhaps also on Mudcat.
Further research will be conducted to identify the
78rpm sources for those albums which are reissues, and correlate the
US
albums to corresponding UK albums on Melodisc label.
Anyone with information is invited to contribute. Thanks!
Best wishes, Thomas.