Re: [ARSCLIST] Temperament--was: Are we at the end of the road musically??

On 10/10/06, Bob Olhsson wrote:
> From: "Don Cox" <doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> Can you recommend any good sources of better information?
>
> I learned from several piano tuners and the various great musicians
> I've had the privilege of recording. There's an awful lot about music
> that's still an oral tradition that's handed down from teacher to
> student.

People like you who have heard these oral traditions should document
them before it's too late.

Then future generations  would be spared the struggles that people today
have when trying to find out how instruments were tuned and how they
were played in the 17th or 18th centuries.

Write a book if there isn't one.

Regards
--
Don Cox