Re: [ARSCLIST] Back-catalog (was Columbia Studio/Warehouse Fire)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Get a good copyright lawyer! The minute any demand does appear, the sharks
will circle.

Well, until CRIA manages to get the Canadian copyright law changed to
match the eternal term "south of the border," about 99% of my archive
would be public domain. Of course, I would have to pay the appropriate
tribute to CIRMA (our equivalent of Harry Fox) on much of the music.

As well, as I understand it, I couldn't copyright reissues of previously
copyrighted (and now PD) recordings?

So, all I need to worry about is someone with a better 78 collection
than mine...