Re: [ARSCLIST] unknown artists and archives

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006, Don Cox wrote:

> Librarians seem to like throwing books out. No doubt they have the same
> attitude to sound archives.

I was forced to let go of 4 pallets, with boxes three high, of 78s to be
unloaded at a surplus sale...$10 was the winning bid. As curator at the time, I was
not allowed to make a bid on them. There were some choice items there.
I have no idea what happened to the discs or if they ever made it to
market. I just don't understand...

Karl