Re: [ARSCLIST] CD versus Download was "All hail the analogue revolution..."

Off the topic, but I have a cello friend and client, who spent a few evenings recording some Bach cello suites on her own (I set up the gear and she pushed her own buttons over a number of late night solo sessions - I get to edit and master it). When I asked her why another set of the suites, she said she just needs to play them and sella few copies at concerts.

I asked he what she thought of Yo Yo Ma's versions, which I listen to now and then, and she said, well, I studied under him for five years and I want to do it a bit differently... I was impressed that she did not say "Better" and that she saw hundereds of his performances from the front few rows...

I did not mention Casals, ecept when she got distressed over how nicely her breathing got recorded. She relaxed then.

Anyway, as a performer she just has to do it. Whether a record company would release it is another matter!

<L>

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689